Wedding Planning #5

Wedding Planning #5

Trying to get organised..

This week is all about Suits & Florists, I had to have a real think about what to do with the wedding flowers, I originally decided to do the flowers myself (I know I can hear you all going ‘you are insane Hannah’) but because it would only be church flowers, the bridesmaids & my bouquet. Due to the reception having big lamps in the middle of the table & would like to keep it basic. Then I realised it was a mental idea as the day of the wedding I would have to go to the church myself & arrange everything, the only problem we have now is that I need to find a florist that is relatively cheap. Do you know anyone?! I live in Suffolk/Essex area in the UK?!

Suits, well I have kind of left thisย down to Rob… I have told him what I would like & now its down to him!

Another thing that is on the to do wedding list is to get Rob’s banns read, because I lived in the village where we are getting married for 15 years, therefore I can get married there but Rob has to go to our nearest church here in Ipswich to get his banns read before we can get married.

I can’t believe it is 7 months/31 weeks/216 until we get married.. it’s so close, but I am so excited!

What are your favourite flowers?! What colour suit would you have for the men?!

H x

1. January 14, 2016 / 8:56 am

I didn’t realise you were getting married – I am too in mid May! There’s still so much to do!

2. January 14, 2016 / 10:06 am

Enjoy your wedding planning! Its so fun, I wish I could do it again ๐Ÿ™
    I picked an assortment of pale roses for my wedding – classic and elegant. I really wanted peonies, but they were out of season here in South Africa at the time.We did teal bridemaids dresses, with grey suits for the guys and groom. Good luck!

3. January 14, 2016 / 9:07 pm

Congratulations! I am loving your wedding planning posts! x
    writingwitheyeliner.wordpress.com

• January 14, 2016 / 9:15 pm

Thankyou! I am lovin’ planning the wedding & glad you are enjoying reading it as much as I am writing about it x

4. January 15, 2016 / 7:37 am

Hannah what are banns? I’m still stuck on this flower crisis. I went to the arts and crafts store to look at silk flowers and left more confused than when I walked in ๐Ÿ™ a part of me wants to just use the flowers provided by the cruise line to save me the headache but then I know that’s not what I really want and I don’t want to look back on my day and say I regret not getting the flowers I wanted. So my maid of honor is going to try to find what I’m looking for and get her aunt to make them if she can’t herself. (I’m truly blessed to have a bridesmaid like her) derricks suits are all picked out they just have to be altered. We went with a khaki color since the bridesmaids are in pastels and Derrick is wearing all white along with me ๐Ÿ™‚

• January 15, 2016 / 8:37 am

It’s so difficult isn’t.. You just want it all to be perfect!! Banns are a legal requirement for Church of England weddings. Your intention to marry is announced by your minister on three Sundays in the three months before the weeding. They must be read in your parish church, as well as in the church where the ceremony is to take place x

5. January 15, 2016 / 2:34 pm

Such an exciting time it’s been reading about the process.

6. January 16, 2016 / 5:02 pm

Eeeek so exciting! I remember this feeling ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck with everything! I got married in May! xx

• January 16, 2016 / 5:54 pm