Singpore; 2015.

In September Rob & I are off to Singapore for 2 1/2 weeks, I have family out there and thought It would be a fantastic opportunity. I thought I’d do a blog post to see all of your thoughts, recommendations on things to do, eat & visit. So far we have booked The Grand Prix, we will be going to Raffles & heading over to Sentosa. We will be staying with my family but am going to book a few nights at Marina Bay Sands as this hotel looks fantastic & the pool is to die for!

Have you ever been to Singapore? What are your 5 top things to do?

H x

1. June 19, 2015 / 2:46 pm

Make sure Rob takes full length trousers – we had to go to the sling bar because my dad only took shorts. Although thats pretty cool in there too! 100% go to the night zoo!!! I didn’t have high expectations as it’s just a zoo but it’s amazing!!!!! πŸ™‚

2. June 19, 2015 / 11:39 pm

Just got back. I was only there long enough for two things (besides the business meeting):

Singapore Sling at the Raffles Long Bar: Yecchhh, unless you like sweet drinks

Chili Crabs: Mmmmmmmm.

3. June 20, 2015 / 2:19 pm

hey there, im a singaporean – thanks for liking my post. Be sure to check out universal studios in singapore as well, the theme park and place is amazing. If u guys need any ideas on what to do just hit me up!

4. June 21, 2015 / 9:17 am

2.5 weeks is quite long to be spending in SG, but it just means you can relax and not rush through all there is to do here! πŸ™‚ Listed the fun things to do here (in no particular order), so just pick and choose (or go for them all hahaha).
    1) Universal Studios Singapore – the duelling roller coasters just reopened so it’s a great time to visit! (spend a day here)
    2) Adventure Cove – its at Sentosa as well, and one full day is just nice to enjoy the water park. Be sure to book in advance for some splashing good times with the dolphins and sting rays! Or even swim with the sharks if that’s your thing.
    3) Sentosa – spend a day chilling by the beaches and Tanjong Beach Club, go for a ‘skydiving’ experience at iFly Singapore, and catch the lights show ‘Songs of the Sea’ at night
    4) East Coast Park – great place to cycle, roller blade, jog, picnic, etc. There’s also great food to be found at the East Coast Lagoon Food Village! You can also cable ski here!
    5) Southern Ridges – explore the garden city of Singapore by walking along the park connectors! Really great views! πŸ™‚ https://www.nparks.gov.sg/gardens-parks-and-nature/parks-and-nature-reserves/the-southern-ridges for more details!
    6) Cafe hopping! Singapore has a good number of cafes where you can spend an afternoon sipping coffee with a book in hand. I’ve some cafe reviews on my own blog, so feel free to check it out! πŸ™‚
    7) Catch a musical performance at MBS theatres or Esplanade! Just google for a schedule of upcoming performances. πŸ™‚
    8) EAT and EAT and EAT! Singapore has an amazing selection of cuisine from all over the world, and some of the places where you can find good food are: Holland Village, Chomp Chomp food centre, Maxwell food centre, Haji lane, Bedok Block 85 food centre, etc.
    9) There are many museums to check out as well. I particularly like the National Museum of Singapore and the ArtScience museum.
    10) Visit Pulau Ubin – explore the island on bike, and there’s also great seafood to be found there too.
    11) Botanic Gardens is a nice park to have a picnic at as well!
    That’s all I can think of off-hand haha, hope it helps! Lemme know if you need more info. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Lucas

5. June 22, 2015 / 12:15 am

you guys definitely have to visit the universal studios, do something crazy like the G-Max Reverse Bungy in Clark Quay, have fun and join the Night Safari, try the famous Chicken Rice, be amazed by the Gardens by the Bay πŸ™‚ I hope you’ll have a great time!

6. July 4, 2015 / 7:56 pm

Hey! I used to live in Singapore for 2 years, so some things may have changed but here are a few suggestions.

In Pasir Ris there is a water park, loved it! You can opt for going on the big water slides or lounge around the pool on a blow up doughnut.

In Arab Street there is a bar called Blu Jazz, great at night to just sit outside and chill out.
    In Robertson Quay there is a nice little Italian restaurant and you can sit outside in the courtyard and eat pizza, and watch some football on the big screen opposite. Also check out Boat Quay for seafood.

As others have suggested, check out Sentosa for sure! One of my favourite things was to go to Bugis Market and have a look at all the little bits and bobs.

Food wise go to Dempsy Hill so much choice and there is a Ben and Jerry’s bar – yum! And for nightlife, definitely check out Clarke Quay. There is a restaurant called Shiraz, lovely food and they have belly dancers!

Enjoy your trip, great place!