YOGA?!

YOGA?!

For a long time I have been considering doing yoga, not to lose weight just to become more fit and healthy. I thought yoga would be perfect due to being tall, also wanting to be able to relax and unwind. It does all these things but my goodness, it is HARD. I did not realise how much strength and energy you need and take my hat off to the people that make it look bloomin’ easy. I have set my self a goal, I will be doing it every day for 5 minutes and gradually doing it for longer every week, for a month.

I decided to not join the gym and do it at home using youtube, this is when I stumbled across LEAF youtube channel, they talk and blog about eating, living and fashion. LEAF have 9 videos on yoga and I decided to start with Sun Salutation B, this is to help you stretch, become stronger and get your heart pumping. Aswell as doing that video I started doing the One Minute Core Exercise, this focuses just on your strength, next week I will be adding another video in hoping it will become easier (kidding myself really.)

I have been doing this since sunday and WOW my stomach and thighs hurt and ache a lot, but hey I guess it’s working! I didn’t weigh myself at the start due to not wanting to lose weight, I feel that if i can do these exercises without getting tired it must be working right?! I will be doing a weekly blog to let you all know how I get on and what videos I will be using and maybe join in?

Do you exercise at home?! If so how?!

Get in touch

Email: hannahcrossley@me.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hcrossley2

1. May 22, 2014 / 9:40 am

I love stories like that! I Do some Yoga Asanas also from You tube and also for about 5 min at a time. Trying to get into a regimen myself with the bodily aspect of Yoga. There are SO many types of Yoga. Good luck on your journey and would love to hear how it’s going. 🙂 Sharing this on my Facebook <3

2. May 22, 2014 / 12:21 pm

Love yoga too! Check out Tara Stiles on YouTube if you like doing it at home, she has some great vids and a few long ones that give you a great workout 🙂

• May 22, 2014 / 12:22 pm

I will have to try her YouTube channel out. Thankyou!

3. May 22, 2014 / 7:55 pm

I quite enjoy Pilates. A lot of the Mari Winsor Pilates are on YouTube ; )

4. May 23, 2014 / 9:55 pm

First let me say a Hello! I too was pondering joining the gym, I have 50 pounds to go I gained when on medication. I’ve lost 10 pounds and need to tighten up “things” as I’m in my 50s. I thought about using Youtube and have a Roku with some fitness programs but need a bit more motivation. I’ll check out the channel on Youtube you talked about, thanks. =)

5. May 27, 2014 / 5:07 pm

I do yoga everyday in the privacy of my room. I also do qi gong routines like the Ba Duan Jin. To lose weight though you need to eliminate grains and starches from your diet. It works.

6. May 28, 2014 / 10:42 pm

Hi Hannah,

yoga is a good choice. But there are so many styles and approach, from bloody hard and Yan/Willfull (as hot yoga, ashtanga yoga etc) to more surrending and relaxing one (Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Krya Yoga).
    you can even find not phisical one, more concentrated on meditation without the hatha part (phisical/asana).

i started to from video but with a friends good in yoga. so she could correct me at least a little bit.
    RULES FOR YOGA:

1) never foce it
    2) surrender to yoga
    3) don’t give up
    4) don’t force it, even if you don’t give up
    5) Breath, consinuosly all the way. otherwise you do stretching not yoga!
    6) never feel “pinch-pain”.
    7) go less deep and more alligned
    9) be patient. the wishes and expetations of our mind are different from the possibilities of our body
    10) enjoy it! otherwise is a punishment to your body and your mind. rather Yoga is bliss for all your Self